Friday, March 21, 2008

the skinny water bottles and TTD's

Julie and I had a soccer tournament somewhere in the Unites States, and Matthew, Annette, Mom, Dad, Lenore, Julie and I were driving there. Annette, Lenore and I got dropped off by a car repair business, and we kept seeing shady characters walking around. This one old man had a white beard, a green trench coat, and he was carrying one of those giant party subs, but you could tell he had already eaten a lot of it. He went into an adult video store, and Annette and I started being all immature and laughing at that. Another man came walking towards us, but he was young this time. He had big sunglasses and a water canteen around his neck, he turned the corner and we never saw him again.
Dad picked us up, because Julie and I had a soccer game to go to, and we needed to buy water, because their wasn't running water in any of the hotels, mainly for the reason that Americans didn't drink water except when they were sick.
We went into this little beverage store, where they sold water only in long, skinny bottles, and they were really expensive. I left the store, and found out later that my dad had taken some doodles, I had drawn in the hotel, and did this thing called T.T.D., which I kept getting confused with S.T.D. For T.T.D., you take a piece of art, and invest money into it, so it's eventually worth a lot of money, and rich art people collect it because they think its worth a lot, so the artist gets a bunch of money for it later. He told me he invested $850 into this one crappy picture of a diner, and then $46 000 into this picture of a bench infront of a window! I said, "DAD! Why would you spend so much money on that??" He said, " I thought you'd like it! Why would you let me invest so much money into it?"

1 comment:

sarahh said...

wow erica :P you kept confusing TTD with STD hahahahahaha, erica, its only been like two days and i already miss you:( seriously, what is wrong with me.