Saturday, September 26, 2009

the kangaroo and the spring mattress

The other afternoon, during the same nap, I also dreamt that my dog, Bailey, was a kangaroo. I drove out to Waldsea Lake with the Outdoor Adventure Club in a big yellow bus. When we got there, I was dropped off at the lot that my parents had bought, because we were going to build a cabin there. My parents had set up the fifth wheel trailer, but when I got inside, it was the size of my grandma's old house, and it was designed like the Foreman's house in That 70's Show. My mom was carrying Bailey in a fleece blanket, like the kind of blanket that is in every hotel bed, and nobody really likes how they feel, but they are very warm, so you sleep with them anyways. She carried her up to the bunkbed and laid her down to go to sleep and told me that I had to be quiet so she could rest up before her surgery. Then, it was the next day, and I knew something weird was going to happen. I walked outside, and all of a sudden, the trailer was gone, and I was on a big gravel lot that was right on the shore of Waldsea Lake. Down by the shoreline, I saw Dave Gelineau, and he was listening to a man out on a raft on the lake who was talking into a mega-phone. He was trying to sell a white t-shirt that was on a man who had recently died of H1N1 virus, and he was trying to con Dave into thinking that he could be the first man ever to purchase the H1N1 virus. Dave was totally buying it, and he grabbed the shirt from him, off the raft. I turned around and tried to get out as fast as possible, when I saw Taylor Gelineau, and she told me that the man on the raft was Lauren Mcloughlin's dad, and that they had a cabin on the other side of the lake. I made a mental note to text Lauren later about it.
The bus came to pick me up, and it brought me to a field where the spring from a mattress was half-buried in the ground. Mr Morari and Mr Rappin were there, doing some sort of ritual to raise the spirits from this ancient bed in the ground. I was confused, but they wanted me there, because I was able to see and talk to ghosts, and they wanted to help this spirit go to rest. I began circling the mattress, and I remember a girl appearing, or something, and then I woke up.

No comments: